Just as you focus on the foods that you eat and proper exercise, there are many other elements to living your best and healthiest lifestyle. Not only do these things factor into detoxifying your body, but there are other simple and highly effective ways to do so as well. We take a look at the 28 simplest, most natural, and undoubtedly most effective ways of getting the bad toxins out and welcoming in the elements that your body needs.
1. Replace a meal each day with a detoxifying smoothie:Though you never want to go to extreme measures where your diet is concerned, there are some ideas that can work wonders. When it comes to naturally cleansing the body a great measure can be to replace one meal a day with a detoxifying smoothie. This isn’t extreme and won’t cause any harm, but it can be exceptional for getting rid of the substances that your body doesn’t need.
It’s important not to jump on the bandwagon for the more extreme measures and to opt for a smoothie that uses natural ingredients at the core. Rather than turning to a premade concoction or chemically enhanced smoothie, just turn to natural foods that will get you cleansed properly. This can not only help with weight loss, but also with keeping the digestive system working the way that it should.
Turning to a smoothie for one of your meals is a great way to jumpstart your metabolism and to kick your digestive system into overdrive. You will notice that natural energy that you feel and you will also enjoy that some of the symptoms that you suffer with daily are gone with this natural boost.
A good recipe follows that incorporates natural and healthy ingredients that will promote digestion, introduce fiber, and help you to perform a cleanse in a regular and natural way.
• 1 cup kale or collard greens firmly packed, stems removed, coarsely chopped (4 ounces)
• 1 Granny Smith apple, coarsely chopped
• 1 ripe banana.
• 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
Combine kale, apple, banana, parsley, and 2 1/4 cups water in a blender; blend until smooth.
If the mixture is too thick, add a little more water.
2. Turn to organic foods when possible:While you don’t have to eat only organic, there are certain foods where this is a necessity. The food list known as the “Dirty Dozen” contains a list of foods where pesticides and preservatives can build up and therefore be consumed and ingested by you during digestion.
The rule of thumb generally goes that if you eat the peel or the outside of the fruit or vegetable that you should really opt for organic. Strawberries, apples, and tomatoes are good examples of the types of foods where organic really does matter.
When you choose the right organic foods then you avoid the toxins that can be harmful to your health. This is a simple way of detoxifying the body and all it takes is making good choices at the grocery store.
Be diligent about knowing which organic foods really count, reading labels, and staying away from foods that could harm you. Making healthy choices like this will really help you to get rid of toxins that you were previously ingesting, and get your body to a much cleaner and healthier point.
3. Get a good and intense massage:We tend to think of massage as a relaxing luxury, which of course it can be in some instances. Though massage can certainly be a nice luxury or way of treating yourself, it also happens to be a good way of detoxifying the body as well. It’s all in the type that you get and the way that you use this to better your health and your life.
Suffice it to say that if you are interested in getting rid of toxins in the body, you absolutely have to get a good intense massage that focuses greatly on the pressure points within the body. A typical Swedish massage is good, but something more intense and focused like a Sports massage can work even better.
You want to get deep into the muscle tissue to make this work for you. When you push on these pressure points or spots where toxins tend to build up, then you give them a chance to release. This helps you to naturally detox the body and get rid of the things that may have been making you sick.
Be sure that this comes from a registered massage therapist and that they know what they are doing in terms of ridding the body of toxins. To make it work effectively you want to drink a lot of water afterwards to flush out the system and be sure that the toxins leave the body immediately. Get into this as a regular habit and you will feel a very positive effect from it, above and beyond relaxation at the core.
4. Drink far more water:Even if you think that you are drinking enough water in a day, take your intake to a whole new level. If there is one thing that can easily and naturally help you to detox your body, it’s definitely water. We tend to think that we’re drinking enough when we really need to increase our intake dramatically.
Water can help to flush out your system naturally, and if you drink enough if it then this happens routinely. Proper water intake can contribute to clearer skin, properly functioning organs, and a more effective circulatory, respiratory, and digestive system. So this one simple substance can offer great help to our entire body and the way that it functions.
Forget all the rules that you have heard through the years about how much water is enough. Eight glasses in the minimum, so it’s time to dramatically increase your intake if you want the best health benefits. Water should be your drink of choice and should be your choice with meals, as well as before and after. You will see some of the health benefits readily and enjoy some of the longer term ones down the line.
5. Replace the morning coffee with green tea:A little caffeine is okay, but you do want to be careful about how much you take in throughout a day or week. You also want to be careful about where you get your caffeine from and how much you take in at any one time. Though an occasional cup of coffee is fine, if you are after detoxifying the body, then you want to change things up a bit.
Green tea offers important antioxidants that our body needs in the most natural form. It offers a slight caffeine boost that can help to get you jump started n the morning, just as coffee does. So if you choose to replace your morning cup of coffee with a cup of green tea you still get a caffeine boost and some actual health benefits as well.
Learning to detox the body doesn’t have to be complicated, but it does mean that you will have to make healthy choices that really work for you. This means that you will have to make some adjustments, but they are well worth it.
If you can lean to embrace green tea as one example you are getting a healthy boost of caffeine that naturally helps with detox and gives you some very important antioxidants you need to stay healthy in the short and long term.
6. Get in more exercise and sweat it out:We all know that exercise is an essential part of a truly healthy lifestyle and that it helps with weight loss—but there is much more to it than that! When it comes to naturally and effectively cleansing the body, exercise can be a great option to turn to. Though many people don’t think of exercise in this manner, it can be what helps you with the cleansing process dramatically.
When you are exercising you are not only helping the body to shed fat and excess weight, but you are also helping to get rid of toxins that may build up. As you sweat these toxins can come out and therefore the cleansing is taking place. Not only that but you are also helping with digestion, circulation, and to keep the organs functioning as they should with a challenging fitness regimen.
The perspiration, the breathing, and the movement all help the body to achieve fitness and also to get rid of the bad and potentially harmful substances that have built up over time.
If you opt to make exercise a regular function in your life, then you can assist the body in the cleansing process on a regular basis. So sweat it out at the gym, not only because it makes you feel good and releases the best hormones, but also because it can help you to naturally cleanse in the process.
7. Try acupuncture for a truly balanced body:This is one of the best forms of cleansing, but few of us know much about it. Acupuncture is a part of holistic medicine that may help to naturally heal some of your biggest health problems, while also helping you to cleanse any blockages of toxins in the body.
Here’s how it works:
-You may have heard of it but felt unsure about trying it. Even if you have never heard of it, welcoming acupuncture into your life can be a real lifesaver. Not only can this ancient practice help you with ailments or medical conditions, but it can be an excellent way to naturally cleanse the body.
-This practice has been around for centuries and is a main component in Eastern world medicine. As a patient lies down, small needless are placed at the surface of the skin in areas that may be blocked or causing pain or discomfort. Though it may not sound like it, this can be a very relaxing process and show results almost instantly.
-It’s important to go to a licensed acupuncturist who really knows what they are doing, and when you do you will love what this does for you. Many have sought out acupuncture for everything from fertility issues to sinus problems to injuries.
- It works by helping to release zones in the body that may be blocked due to toxins or other harmful substances that can contribute to health problems.
This is a holistic practice and highly effective. You will feel better almost instantly and when it comes to a natural cleanse, this can be one of the best tools out there.
-Take the time to find somebody that you trust and then welcome acupuncture into your life for an excellent way of cleansing, purifying, and getting rid of what ails you in your health and your life.
8. Eat more fiber in its most natural form:You’ve probably heard it time and time again that you need to be eating more fiber in your diet. Not only is this part of a healthy diet that will contribute to weight loss, but it’s also an essential way of cleansing the body in its most natural form. Fiber can be an excellent supplement for a variety of reasons, and cleansing is just one of them.
Our bodies, particularly our digestive tracts, tend to hold onto substances that enter after time. This may be toxins, preservatives from foods that we eat, or just waste that is not being properly disposed of by the body. Whatever the cause, the end result is that you may feel bloated, weighed down, unusually tired, and therefore health problems may result out of this.
When you introduce a proper serving of fiber into your diet, it helps to keep the digestive tract working properly. This means that all toxins, excessive waste, and anything else that has built up in the digestive tract will move through rapidly. You feel healthier and your digestive process works in the way that it is intended to.
There are some great fiber supplements out there, but you should try to eat it naturally whenever possible. Fresh fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains are all excellent sources of fiber.
Start slowly to avoid adverse effects, but when you become regular with your bowel movements you will know that cleansing is happening and the body is working in the way that it is intended to.
9. Try fasting for a day or two:You don’t have to go to extreme measures as so many cleansing programs will tell you to do. Simply fasting for a day or two and replacing foods with natural juices made from fresh fruits and vegetables can really help. You don’t have to do this often, but you should make it a priority in your life.
When you give your body a chance to rest in this capacity, then it has time to recuperate and rejuvenate. The organs don’t have to be focused on digestion and breaking down food and potential toxins. So as they rest they have a chance to recharge, and that means that you are going to come back from this with natural energy and a more effective digestive system.
Perform a fast like this when you have some time at home and can be away from any food temptations. Try do perform this on a weekend where it’s much easier for you to fast and to let the body rest and recharge. You will be surprised at how much natural energy you feel and how much better you feel afterwards.
10. Get in more sleep each night:You may look at sleep as a luxury, but it’s an important part of a healthy lifestyle. Without proper sleep you can gain weight, you may have a compromised immune system, and of course you lack natural energy. Sleep deprivation is unfortunately all too common as we put this off in the interest of getting other things done.
The problem is that lack of sleep can catch up on you after awhile. The body wears down and this shows through in a compromised immune system that means you get sick more easily.
You also have a lack of willpower and lack of energy to make healthy choices for yourself when you feel exhausted. You are ultimately not taking care of yourself in the proper way—and that’s not good for your health or your ability to naturally cleanse.
When you try to get 7-8 hours of sleep each night you give your body a chance to rest and recuperate. This is not a luxury but an important way that your body rebuilds and prepares for the activities that you have ahead the next day.
It’s imperative to rest and take care of yourself in this manner not only to function properly, but to keep the bad and harmful substances out as well.
11. Avoid obvious environmental toxins:Some toxins are quite obvious in their presence and their ability to make you sick over time—these are the ones to avoid at all costs. When you can feel the presence of substances that may be making you sick or that can show up in an unsavory way later, then you know that these contribute to a buildup of the things that you don’t want or need in your system.
Environmental toxins can range from smog and diminished air quality to second hand smoke. Any chemical type of fumes such as those that may come from a factory are never good for you. If something doesn’t smell or feel right, then chances are that it’s doing absolutely no good to your system either.
If you have the ability to avoid these substances, particularly something like second hand smoke then it’s important to do so. This will ensure that you breathe in good clean air and get rid of the toxins that have built up over time. When in doubt, stay away from any environment, fumes, or substances that can work against your ability to naturally cleanse and care for yourself in this important way.
12. Turn to probiotics to get rid of the bad bacteria and welcome in the good kind:You may have heard of probiotics or perhaps you don’t know much, but these powerful substances help to naturally eliminate bad bacteria in the body. Knowing that they work in this way, it’s time to put probiotics to work for you.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you turn to probiotics for a natural cleansing process:
• You have probably heard of probiotics in certain foods such as yogurt and they are continuing to grow in popularity.
• In its natural form, probiotics are a natural and good bacteria that help to regulate and balance out the balance of organisms.
• The most notable application for probiotics is in the digestive system where harmful bacteria and other organisms can grow over time.
• You can turn to certain foods for probiotics and you can also find them in supplement form.
• They can be of great help in not only helping to regulate the bacteria that builds up in your intestines, but also in your ability to get rid of these harmful substances once and for all.
• Since the digestive tract is the most obvious area where these substances can build up, probiotics are an obvious and very helpful tool to assist.
• The use of probiotics not only helps you to keep the digestive system working properly, but also work as a cleansing agent.
• If you turn to them regularly then you can expect to have a fully functional digestive system and to ensure that the presence of these good bacteria will keep you from developing any health problems moving forward.
13. Try yoga for a new type of exercise and meditation:We already know that exercise is good for our health and for our ability to cleanse naturally. Taking it one step further, yoga can be one of the most helpful types of exercise out there when it comes to the body’s natural ability to cleanse and get rid of toxins that have built up over time.
Yoga is not only a great form of exercise, but can also help you to meditate as well. So you get rid of stress as you work through the movements. This is good for the body and the mind as you have a chance to recharge.
These flexibility and balance type of movements can be instrumental to your ability to breath in good cleansing oxygen and breathe out harmful substances within the body.
As you move through these poses and breathe properly, you are relieving stress and helping the body to cleanse in a very natural and effective way. You are getting deep down into muscle tissue as you would with a massage, and you are also helping to breathe out toxins that have built up in your system over time. This is one example of how cleansing can help the circulatory system in a dynamic way that has many other helpful applications as well.
14. Learn to incorporate superfoods into each meal:The great thing about superfoods is that they contain important nutrients and antioxidants which our bodies need to fight off infections. The presence of these antioxidants and nutrients in the body help to fight off harmful toxins and substances that may compromise our immune system and our overall health—so the inclusion of them in our diets is critical.
Superfoods are a delicious and nutritious group of foods including foods rich in Omega 3 fatty acids like:
You can also turn to fruits and vegetables that are bright in color as that means that their dark hue contains plenty of antioxidants. Options such as these make great choices for this reason:
Try to incorporate super foods into every meal and enjoy how beneficial they are. They not only make for healthy and low fat food choices, but they also help you to boost your antioxidant intake.
These substances can help you to not only cleanse and get rid of harmful substances that have built up, but also fight off any harmful agent that may be trying to attach your system. Something as small as a virus or as harmful as a disease is more easily fought off when you include super foods and their important antioxidant concentration.
15. Cut out simple carbohydrates, white sugar and flour, and any fried foods:The white bread that you probably enjoyed as a kid is doing absolutely nothing for your overall health. The starchy sides at dinner like white rice or pasta are as damaging to your waistline and your health as the more extreme donuts, cakes, and cookies that you enjoy.
Many people don’t understand just how harmful products made with white sugar or flour can be, but they result in toxins in the body that you don’t want. These simple carbohydrates make you feel full and satisfied when you eat them, but behind the scenes you are experiencing a surge and then fall of your blood sugar level. This isn’t good for your appetite or your health!
The same dire consequences of simple carbohydrates are a major component of the very toxins that build up in your digestive system. These are not the types of substances or preservatives that you need, and that’s why fiber rich whole grains and complex carbohydrates are so vital to your health. They ensure that the digestive system works the way that it is intended to.
So as you move towards complex carbohydrates which are better for digestion, you also want to be sure that you get rid of the simple carbohydrates in the process. The rise and fall of blood sugar is not good for weight loss, and the deposit of preservatives and harmful substances result in toxins that can slow you down and ultimately make you sick in the process.
16. Learn to properly manage your stress:What you know is that stress isn’t good for you. What you realize is that to properly take care of yourself and practice a truly healthy lifestyle means to properly manage your stress. What you probably don’t realize is that if you let stress get the best of you it can mean that your body is not operating at an optimal level.
You are not releasing good hormones when your body feels stress. As a matter of fact your body may result through weight gain, illness, and a complete lack of energy when stress is present. You are more prone to make improper health choices and more likely to feel depressed and ultimately become sick easier.
When you feel stress the body is holding onto the harmful toxins and therefore is slowed down. When you learn to manage stress properly you are taking a good measure at naturally cleansing the body. This is not only a great way to take care of yourself, but to ensure that none of the harmful substances take residence in your body and contribute to improper health in the long run.
17. Turn to home remedies for illness rather than antibiotics:The very medications that are intended to help your illnesses or health conditions may be contributing to toxins in the body. Though antibiotics and other medications are intended to help you to stay healthy, they also contain harmful substances that can build up in your intestines and digestive system over time.
Though some medications may be very necessary, it’s always best to try home remedies whenever possible. If you can fight off a common illness using options like ginger, garlic, a smoothie, or other natural herbs or plants, then you have a good chance at achieving better health and performing a cleanse in the process.
The natural home remedies help to get rid of the illness in the way that your body requires. So as they are fighting off the substances or viruses that are making you sick, you are also getting rid of all other harmful toxins in the body. You feel great as you are fighting off illness through natural means and performing a cleanse in the process-and that’s good for everything!
18. Adapt to a truly healthy lifestyle and try to eliminate daily medication wherever possible:The more that you can opt for natural methods for taking care of yourself, the better off you will be in the short and long run. A truly healthy lifestyle consists of eating the right foods, exercising regularly and challenging yourself, getting plenty of rest, learning to manage your stress, getting rid of the bad habits, performing a regular cleanse, and adapting to a positive and healthy mindset. This is how you achieve good health now and well into the future!
If you have medication that is life saving then that’s a must to continue on with. If however you take medication that could be replaced by natural and healthy home remedies and methods, then that’s another way to cleanse and to opt for better and healthier living. Getting rid of any substances that can be construed as toxins by the body, such as regular medications, is always a wise idea.
A truly healthy lifestyle that incorporates all of these elements will be instrumental in helping you to be your very best, and you will notice it right away. A cleanse is an important part of this. As you perform all of the other measures you are also helping the body with a natural way of getting harmful substances out through the very best methods as well.
19. Increase circulation by massaging pressure points and skin brushing:You probably brush your hair and your teeth every day, but more than likely you don’t stop to think about brushing your skin. The truth is that brushing a fine bristle brush gently over all of your skin surfaces can be an excellent way to stimulate circulation. Here’s how it works:
• Fine a fine bristle brush that is gentle not harsh and begin at the feet with the slow and subtle brushing motions.
• Work your way slowly up from the feet to the legs and up the entire body.
• Take the time to really focus on areas that feel tight or that may be prone to circulation issues such as the ankles, knees, and even arms.
• Repeat the motion a couple of times each week to get the maximum benefits.
• While this often looked to as a method to help to eliminate cellulite, the truth is that this is good at stimulating circulation and ridding the body of toxins that may build up over time
Many people don’t take the time to focus on circulatory issues, particularly if they are younger. This is not a problem just for the older because circulation is important at any stage of your life. Be careful to ensure that you keep the circulation running in the body at all times and focus on areas where the toxins may tend to gather.
Another way to generate and promote good circulation is of course to focus on pressure points. This will help not only to ease tension as with a massage, but also to keep the circulatory system working the way that it should. As you focus on these pressure points such as the temples, the palms of your hands, the balls of your feet, and so on, you are releasing tension from the body.
You are also helping to gently and effectively release toxins from the body in the process of doing this as well. When you press gently on these pressure points you can feel it almost instantly with the release of tension.
It helps to stimulate your circulation as well and that means that the toxins are pushed to the surface and then flushed out. Be sure that as with massage of any type that you are drinking plenty of water to help flush out the toxins naturally. Partnering skin brushing with focus on the pressure points can be quite helpful with pushing the toxins out of the body and releasing any build up tension as well.
20. Promote elimination through proper diet and hydration:The truth is that most of us don’t properly eliminate each and every day. Unless you are very regular with your bowel movements and even your urination, you are holding onto waste in the body that need not be there. So this is where you must really focus some concerted effort on elimination, and put major emphasis on the diet that you keep and how hydrated you are.
Start by taking a long hard look at your diet and then work your way out from there:
-Are you eating enough fiber each day?
-Are you eating the right foods such as fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, beans and legumes, whole grains, good fats, and low fat dairy?
-How much water do you realistically drink in a day?
-Do you find yourself feeling unusually thirsty at any point?
-How often do you urinate throughout the day?
-How often do you have bowel movements?
Believe it or not, these are all important questions for your health and for learning to naturally and effectively cleanse. If you are dehydrated that’s not good for your overall health. Not only that but it also means that you are not getting enough water to flush out your digestive system properly and move the toxins out.
If you aren’t eating enough fiber or a mix of the right foods, then you simply aren’t evacuating enough. If you don’t have enough bowel movements, that waste material can end up being stored by the body and the end result is that it turns into toxins. This is nothing that you may want to think about, but it can contribute to an unhealthy and improperly working system in the body.
Start to look at ways that you can promote proper digestion and elimination. Drinking more water and ensuring that you are never dehydrated is one way—keep flushing out the bad toxins. Eating the right foods with a major focus on fiber is another way, and an important one that ensures that you move the waste material out of the body. Keep track of these things and make the necessary changes to ensure that urination and evacuation are happening regularly to keep things moving along properly.
21. Opt for a diet rich in whole foods that are free of additives and preservatives:We’ve talked about just how important it is to keep a healthy diet and to focus on the right foods. Equally as important is to get the wrong foods out of your diet as well, and many people don’t recognize this. Though you may be prone to turn to “diet foods”, those that are low fat, low calorie, or packaged for your convenience, this may be your demise.
Rather than turning to prepackaged foods, you want to opt for whole foods that come from the earth and are natural. When you turn to packaged foods for convenience, they are normally loaded with additives and preservatives. Though you may be getting fewer calories and fat with these foods, their manmade ingredients are wreaking havoc on your body.
Any type of packaged food, whether it seems healthy or not, is made with additives and preservatives of some type. Just like pesticides, these can and will build up in your intestines as toxins over time. You will feel slowed down and may exhibit other symptoms that make you sick. It’s not a good scenario!
Get rid of the obviously unhealthy packaged foods that are loaded with fat, but take it one step further. Just because a food appears to be healthy or “diet ready” doesn’t mean that it’s good for you. If it’s loaded down with additives, preservatives, chemicals, or ingredients that you can’t pronounce, that directly translates to toxins in your digestive system. Get rid of them and you begin to really cleanse your system immediately!
22. Learn to meditate and incorporate this into your life each day:We have seen just how helpful yoga can be for your body and mind, but take it one step further. Just as exercise helps you to get rid of the toxins, so too can meditation. It’s good for you mentally and that means exceptional benefits for the entire body as well.
• When you meditate you are slowly and gently detaching from everyday life, and this means that you are letting go of what is troubling you.
• When you can detach in this way, you are letting go of stress and anxiety.
• Over time this stress and anxiety would build up and keep your body from operating at full capacity, so releasing these elements helps you to be in better health.
• When stress takes over your life, you are not in your best health and your body is bogged down with toxins and anxiety that keeps you from being your best.
Learning to incorporate meditation into your everyday life can ensure that you let go of any built up tension, anxiety, and stress. This is good for your mental health of course, but it also translates to an immediate benefit to your physical well being in the process. You will love the direct and indirect benefits of meditation as part of a healthy lifestyle.
23. Eliminate common sources of toxins such as excessive caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, and processed foods:The very things that you turn to for bad habits or use to help relax you can be contributing to your inability to cleanse. These substances or bad habits translate directly or indirectly to toxins in the body. The end result is that they keep you from being healthy and may actually make you sick.
The most obvious is tobacco in any form, but of course smoking being the most common type. Smoking offers only harmful substances into your body such as nicotine, which of course can contribute to long term health problems.
You might not realize it, but excessive alcohol or caffeine can act much in the same way. Having a bit of caffeine or alcohol isn’t the problem, but when you binge or drink too much of either, it’s not a good thing. Over time these can turn into toxins that the body can’t process. You will feel the dependence and the health problems will keep mounting.
The same goes for processed foods, fried foods, or others that are made with unnatural ingredients. Anything that doesn’t come from the earth or that has chemically enhanced ingredients isn’t good for your ability to naturally cleanse or feel healthy and strong.
Kicking bad habits is just as important in a healthy lifestyle as is adapting to the right ones. Just as you want to focus on eating right, exercising, and getting plenty of rest, you also want to be sure to get rid of the bad habits that are holding you back. If you can learn to manage your caffeine and alcohol intake, get rid of processed foods, and kick the smoking habit for good, your body will cleanse and feel the best it has in years!
24. Turn to natural herbs and holistic medicine to give your body what it needs:There are so many wonderful natural herbs out there that offer unique and amazing benefits. Not only can they enhance and improve your health, but they can also help you to feel better and operate better in the process. You can turn to holistic medicine such as with acupuncture and find a whole new world of herbs and natural remedies to help whatever ails you.
Some herbs are easy enough to incorporate into your daily life as they are readily available. Options like green tea, garlic, basil, and even cilantro have some natural cleansing properties and you can easily add them into your favorite dishes or enjoy them on their own.
If you are not sure about the more holistic herbs then you should ask a professional. Using these natural herbs can offer great help with cleansing the body, but you do have to be sure to choose which ones are right for you and then use them properly.
Some of the herbs that offer great cleansing in the body include:
Be sure that you know what to choose and how to use it, but then know that these herbs will help to naturally and effectively cleanse. You may even see some of the results of that happening rather quickly, so don’t be alarmed if that happens. When you partner up these herbs with an already healthy lifestyle and other cleansing methods, you will be in the best shape yet.
25. Become a juicing expert and incorporate key nutrients into your day through this process:There is certainly great merit in juicing for a variety of health reasons, and perhaps that’s why this has caught on as such a craze. You do want to be sure that you utilize the right fruits and vegetables to get the greatest benefits, but suffice it to say that juicing can work wonders for your ability to cleanse.
You want to choose ingredients that will not only help you to cleanse, but that also introduce nutrients into the body. As you evacuate the bad toxins that have built up through this type of natural cleansing, you ideally want to introduce nutrients to replace any that may be lost in the process.
As with anything else, be sure to take your time with this and never go to extremes. Try a new juice 1-2 times a week just to get used to it and to find what works best for you. Then continue to add on until juicing becomes part of your everyday life. A bit of experimenting can ensure that you get some wonderful health benefits and that you learn how to cleanse in the most effective way possible.
Here is a great sample recipe for juicing that can give you great cleansing, health benefits, and actually tastes good in the process.
Apple Fennel Cleansing Juice
1/2 fennel bulb
1/2 small red cabbage
Small wedge of lemon or lime
26. Perform a full body cleanse every month to get rid of any toxins that have built up:Take the time to naturally cleanse on a daily basis using some of the most natural and common foods that you probably already have on hand. Items such as grapefruit, basil, garlic, onions, green tea, mustard greens, walnuts, and avocado will help your body to cleanse on a regular basis.
Take it one step further though as you get used to the idea of a full body cleanse and make this a regular habit. Perform a full body cleanse when you plan to be at home for a day or two and then see the immediate positive impact that this has as the toxins literally come spilling out of the body—don’t be alarmed with some of what you see!
There are many different ways to cleanse the body in this manner, but you want to go for the homemade option if possible. While there are many manmade concoctions and “proven” solutions out there, some of the best types come from your creation specifically. Do be sure to go with a trusted source or recipe, and there are some very common ones out there.
One very common recipe is the Lemon, Maple Syrup, Cayenne cleanse, which is as follows:
*Pour ½ tsp. of cayenne pepper into a 10-ounce glass.
*Add 4 Tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
* Fill the glass with warm water and stir thoroughly.
*Add ½ tsp. of organic maple syrup to sweeten the mixture, if desired.
*Drink on an empty stomach each month to cleanse your colon.
*Cayenne pepper breaks down mucus in your colon, while lemon juice eliminates toxins.
*Do take the time to experiment with your threshold for cayenne pepper so that you don’t hurt your stomach.
*Be prepared that this can elicit immediate reaction and that it may be unusual for you to experience at first, but it’s a great cleanse.
*This is really not intended for weight loss, but rather for a good natural cleanse that your body needs no more than once per month.
Another possible cleansing recipe to try out is the Apple, Ginger, Psyllium Cleanse, and the recipe is:
* Juice enough apples to fill an 8 oz. glass.
* If you do not have a juicer, fill the glass with organic apple juice.
*Add 1 tsp. each ground ginger and ground psyllium husk.
*Mix thoroughly or blend on low until smooth.
*Psyllium binds waste materials together, while ginger flushes toxins from the colon so it’s a great combination.
*The nutrients in the apple juice will support your colon during the cleanse.
*Do be sure to drink plenty of water after this cleanse to keep the digestive system moving.
*You can enjoy some light eating after you perform this cleanse, but give it time to take effect.
A proper cleanse using these or other natural methods performed once a week can be the best thing you can do to get rid of toxins and keep things moving the way that they are intended to. Always go for natural for best effects!
27. Avoid second hand smoke or any other harmful toxins that you may come into contact with:Quite simply put, if something doesn’t smell right to you then avoid it. Even if you don’t smoke, avoid second hand smoke or any other toxins that may be coming into the air. Some sources are rather obvious such as second hand smoke, and some may need a bit more investigation.
If you have to work with chemicals or other substances that may be harmful, be sure to at least wear a mask. Avoiding anything that you breathe in or ingest which could hurt you or turn into toxins is always wise. This is particularly important if you work in an environment that may contain such chemicals such as a factory or even a dry cleaners.
If at all possible, avoid the harmful chemicals such as second hand smoke—that’s the easy part! If you work in an environment or come into contact with harmful chemicals then protect yourself as much as possible. A mask that you wear or even short breaks from time to time can be quite helpful in ensuring you don’t breath in the source of toxins.
28. Learn to truly take care of yourself and listen to your body when something is or is not working:The bottom line is that when it comes to cleansing and healthy and natural living, it’s all about taking care of yourself in the best way possible. You have seen all of the various methods and tools to do that, but sometimes you also have to listen to your body as well.
Learn to be in touch with what your body is telling you and then react accordingly. This will ensure that you not only keep yourself in the best health, but also that you perform a cleanse as necessary. Sometimes you can just feel it from a general lack of energy or lethargy which is unusual for you.
Symptoms that we tend to take for granted as everyday ailments can often be indicative of the fact that our bodies are holding onto toxins. This ultimately means that a cleanse is essential and we must learn to pay close attention to these symptoms and indications. We know our bodies better than anyone, and if something doesn’t seem right then it’s best to pay close attention to that.
If you are having frequent headaches, stomach upset, diarrhea, constipation, feel exhausted, experience cramping, difficulty focusing, lack of energy, or any other symptoms that don’t feel right, then always take the time to listen to your body. This will ensure that you know that something is amiss and can likely pinpoint that a cleanse is required.
You will get into these good habits in no time at all. You will learn which methods and tools work best for you to cleanse properly and take the measures to do so. You will also learn to be better at listening to your body and making the best decisions for your overall health. This is a very powerful step, and it comes from awareness and the initiative to act when something doesn’t seem right within the body.
Making Cleansing Work For YouAs you can see, cleansing can be done in so many different ways. You want to try different methods and then see which ones work best for you. It’s also important to recognize regular cleansing as part of a truly healthy lifestyle. You can’t be your very best with all of the other elements until you learn to make cleansing happen on a routine and frequent basis.
It’s normal that toxins tend to build up in the body over time, but you can most certainly lessen the effects of this with the methods named within here. Though you may not think of some of these as unusual or extreme measures, their effects and related benefits can be far reaching. Try to begin the cleansing process a little bit at a time as extreme measures never work in the best possible way.
Learning to really listen to your body, take inventory of what’s working and what’s not, get rid of the bad habits, and instill the good ones are all ways to naturally and effectively cleanse. Some of these you may already be doing and simply need to take up a notch. Some of these may be new to you, but you will learn how truly effective they can be.
It’s a choice and a transition to take on a truly healthy lifestyle, but it’s one that you will be glad that you made. It’s imperative to take care of yourself in this way, and a cleansing program or daily habits are the vehicle to get you there. Making these sound health choices are a great way to naturally and effectively cleanse the body, but also help you to get to the best health possible.
Try not to look at these methods and ideas as a chore, but rather a way to take care of yourself. We tend to look at cleansing as an extreme measure, when they shouldn’t be. Just as we would exercise or eat the right foods, natural cleansing is yet another way that we take care of our bodies. As you can see, some of the methods can actually be enjoyable and can also contribute to better mental health as well as physical.
Figure out what works best for you and then try out new methods for naturally cleansing a little bit at a time. Learning to truly take care of yourself in this way is a great step towards better health. You will notice that the symptoms that may plague you on a daily basis tend to go away almost instantly, and the end result is a better version of yourself.
Happy cleansing and to better health overall!